ViewCast Osprey 820e Linux drivers – Released Today!
Are you looking for a dual channel 1080p60 video capture card, with an open source Linux driver and GStreamer support right out of the box? Good news, look no further.
Kernel Labs are pleased to announce for immediate download, the ViewCast Osprey 820e 32/64bit Linux compatible driver.
- GPL Licensed – Kernel compatible licensing.
- Video4Linux compatible APIs – Integrates easily with your existing V4L2 applications.
- Flexible driver – A large selection of supported frame-rates and resolutions, from SD to HD.
- GStreamer support – Easily add this to your capture pipeline.
- ALSA audio support for 48KHz audio capture.
The 820e card supports capture resolutions from SD to HD, up to 1080p60 across the different video input connectors. This flexibility coupled with the freely available Kernel Labs open source driver allows you to hit the ground running – prototyping your video applications quickly.
“The 820e is a high performance dual channel video capture card. We’ve added to it a no-nonsense Linux driver and made sure the combination fits straight into GStreamer via the standard video4linux interfaces, no fuss, no frustrating proprietary APIs.” – Kernel Labs development staff
- Driver Source code – vc8x0-driver-20120503-170105.tgz
- 820e Firmware – vc8x0-firmware-20120503-170105.tgz
- Contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org