I’ve applied a few patches to the tda18271 driver that may improve tuning in certain channel ranges.
- tda18271: fix calculation bug in tda18271_rf_tracking_filters_init
There was a misplaced parenthesis in the tda18271_rf_tracking_filters_init function, causing improper calibration. This has potential to improve tuning on some channels, and possibly reduce the time it takes for the RF tracking filter calibration to take place.
- tda18271: prog_cal and prog_tab variables should be s32, not u8
Changeset name speaks for itself
- tda18271: fix bad calculation of main post divider byte
There was unnecessary manipulation of the main post divider byte in the tda18271_calc_main_pll function. Get rid of that and use the retrieved value from the main_pll table.
- tda18271: update tda18271_rf_band as per NXP’s rev.04 datasheet
- tda18271: update tda18271c2_rf_cal as per NXP’s rev.04 datasheet
Updates to match the latest datasheet.
Thanks to Stefan Sibiga for pointing out some of these driver bugs earlier this year. I don’t know how noticeable the improvements will be, but I’d like to hear your comments if these make any difference to your tuning performance.
Please feel free to test the development repository while waiting for these fixes to get merged. The patches are located at: