The Kernel Labs SDK for the Hauppauge HDPVR 2, HDPVR 2 GE and HDPVR 2 GE Plus allows for the deployment of the HDPVR 2, HDPVR 2 GE and HDPVR 2 GE Plus with desktops, servers, or datacenters.
The SDK is optimized for integration into existing applications that require HD compressed video capture without requiring rebuilding the Linux kernel or installing custom kernel drivers.
- H.264 encoder with AAC audio encoding
- Adjustable Bitrate/Quality Vs Disk Space usage
- Support for all inputs (HDMI, component, composite, optical and RCA)
- Support for all resolutions/framerates provided by the hardware
- Zero delay HDMI passthrough
- Adjust Brightness, Contrast, Hue, Saturation and Sharpness
- Support for multiple capture devices with a single server
- Dynamic or static-linked library with C based API
- Sample code included for common use cases
- Command line tool to capture video (includes full source code)
- Doxygen API documentation for all public interfaces
- No external runtime dependencies other than libusb
Supported Linux distributions