The Kernel Labs SDK for the Hauppauge HD PVR Rocket allows for the deployment of the Hauppauge Rocket with desktops, servers, or datacenters.
The SDK is optimized for integration into existing applications that require HD compressed video capture without requiring rebuilding the Linux kernel or installing custom kernel drivers.
- H.264 encoder with AAC audio encoding
- Configurable bitrate up to 18 Mbps
- Support for all inputs supported by the hardware (HDMI, component)
- Support for all resolutions/framerates provided by the hardware
- Support for multiple capture devices with a single server
- Dynamic or static-linked library with C based API
- Sample code included for common use cases
- Command line tool to capture video (includes full source code)
- Doxygen API documentation for all public interfaces
- No external runtime dependencies other than libusb
Supported Linux distributions