The Kernel Labs Linux driver for Hauppauge Colossus allows for the deployment of the Hauppauge Colossus in desktop, server, or datacenters.
Because of its support for a variety of video interface types and PCIe formfactor, it is well suited for inclusion in high-density capture environments.
- H.264 encoder with AAC audio encoding
- AC3 Audio Passthrough via optical or
- Automatic resolution and framerate
detection Configurable bitrate up to 20 Mbps
- Support for all inputs supported by the hardware (HDMI, component, composite)
- Support for all resolutions/framerates provided by the hardware
- Component video and optical audio passthrough enabled (to connect to an external display)
- Support for multiple cards installed in a single server
- Uses the standard Video4Linux API
Supported Linux distributions