ViewCast Osprey 845e Linux drivers – Released Today!
The Osprey 845e is a quad channel SDI capture card, capable of capturing four channels of SDI video and audio concurrently. Resolutions from SD 480i to HD-3G 1080p60 are supported. If you need a SDI capture product that has an open source Linux driver and GStreamer support right out of the box, then good news, look no further.
Kernel Labs are pleased to announce for immediate download, the ViewCast Osprey 845e 32/64bit Linux compatible driver.
- GPL Licensed – Kernel compatible licensing.
- Video4Linux compatible APIs – Integrates easily with your existing V4L2 applications.
- Flexible driver – A large selection of supported frame-rates and resolutions, from SD to HD.
- GStreamer support – Easily add this to your capture pipeline.
- ALSA audio support for 48KHz audio capture.
Quad HD video capture capabilities coupled with the freely available Kernel Labs open source driver allows you to hit the ground running – prototyping your video applications quickly.
“The 845e is true performer, a robust PCIe x4 capture card. We’ve added to it a no-nonsense Linux driver and which fits comfortable with GStreamer via the standard video4linux interfaces, no fuss, no frustrating proprietary APIs.” – Kernel Labs development staff
- Driver Source code – vc8x0-driver-20121203-162513.tgz
- 845e Firmware – vc8x0-firmware-20121203-162513.tgz
- Contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org