Several users who saw the announcement of support for the Hauppauge USBLive2 several months ago reported in the blog comments that the support became broken in the mainline kernel.
After finally getting some time to investigate, I did confirm that there had been a regression, identified the issue, and have submitted a patch for upstream inclusion.
The patch can be found at the following link. It can be applied against the current media_build tree, as well as the 3.0.0 kernel.
Thanks go out to Robert DeLuca for sponsoring...
A couple of days ago I submitted a patch for the HVR-1300 to fix a problem where the s-video would have the comb filter enabled even when capturing on s-video. This caused distortion of the video, as Florent Audebert pointed out on the linux-media mailing list. The weird thing is that it only happened when capturing on MPEG, which ultimately was a bug where the input was getting switched whenever the cx88 driver started up the MPEG encoder.
The patch can be found here:
Thanks to Anevia S.A. for sponsoring the fix to this...
For quite some time, there have been users complaining of DVB-T scanning problems using application such as MythTV or w_scan. Even stranger, they claimed that using /usr/bin/scan would indeed work as expected.
For example, this Launchpad ticket has tracked the issue for almost two years:
MythTV has a ticket tracking the issue too (although closed due to it being declared "upstream"):
I finally got my hands on some hardware to test with, and what...