04 Jan 2010 |
Posted by Devin Heitmueller | 8 Comments.
In response to ongoing issues with the IR support for dib0700 and firmware 1.20, I spent most of yesterday refactoring the code.
When firmware 1.20 was introduced, the dib0700 switched from a polling model using a USB control message, to the messages being delivered on a USB bulk pipe. The code I originally added would do a blocking read on the pipe with a 50ms timeout. Because the dvb-usb-remote code makes use of the global workqueue, this resulted in the global workqueue being blocked 50% of the time. Also, the synchronous urb_bulk_msg() call would burn excess CPU time (reflected as an abnormal...
29 Dec 2009 |
Posted by Devin Heitmueller | 10 Comments.
In an effort to empty out my backlog of issues, I spent most of last night looking at the Hauppauge Nova-T 500 and the various issues people have reported with regards to the dib0700 1.20 firmware.
Now, there are some people who might argue that the breakage is my fault, since I was the developer who pulled in the version 1.20 firmware and made it work (required to address i2c bugs preventing the dib0700 from working with the xc5000 tuner chip). And those people would be correct in doing so. ;-)
Let's talk about the issues...
The first issue is one related to rebooting. People have...